The Lion Dream

Walking through the jungle
When two lions appear
They pause and with a mighty roar
My insides begin to turn out
Beads of sweat begin to drip from my brow
Stopping in my tracks and like a turtle
Laying perfectly still I pull into my shell
Praying they will spare me my life
To my surprise one of them lays beside me
The mass of muscle exudes shear power
The purring motor vibrates the earth
Chills of fear rush up my spine
It’s one hundred pound paw
Begins to fondle my head curiously
The razor sharp claws gently piercing my skin
The pain begins to waken me

I look around and recognize my surrounding
Laying awake in my bed
Certainly confused but relieved
It was nothing more than a dream
What does it mean?
It felt so real, the power and the pain
The shear fear and the dripping sweat
Feeling powerless in a desperate situation
A struggle perhaps between my psyche and my ego
Then I roar like a lion and fall into another dream


No comments: